Downtown STL, Inc. today announced a call for nominations for its first ever Downtown STLMade Award. The award, slated to be given at Downtown STL, Inc.’s Show-Me Downtown event on June 27th, 2019, will recognize a member of the community who contributes to the growth and progression of Downtown St. Louis.
The Downtown STLMade Award criteria are as follows:
- One person—not an organization (groups of five people or fewer may be considered)
- Nominee must have made a significant, positive impact towards moving the Downtown community forward. This may include, but isn’t limited to: business, startups, philanthropy, art, culture, and community.
- Nominee should have a story that illustrates how St. Louis has supported/inspired them to “start up, stand out, and stay in St. Louis” to achieve their vision.
- Nominee must be a believer in Downtown St. Louis, even if their demonstration of championing for the region is quiet and mainly accomplished through their actions.
- Ideally, the nominee’s accomplishment establishes new ideas as to what defines Downtown St. Louis and dispels outdated and unproductive myths/perceptions.
- Nominee does not have to originally be from St. Louis. If they meet the above criteria, they are STLMade.
Nominations are currently open for submission here.
The Downtown STLMade Award recipient will be recognized on June 27th at Downtown STL, Inc.’s inaugural Show-Me Downtown Event. This celebration of the growth and momentum in Downtown St. Louis will be held at Stifel Theater from 5-9 p.m. Features include a special performance by STL native, vocal powerhouse and season 15 finalist on “The Voice,” Kennedy Holmes, live music by local blues sensation, Little Dylan, live painting, airbrush tattoo artists, free food, and open bar. The theme will be ‘An Evening in Blue’ in honor of the Levee Stone Award recipient, the one and only St. Louis Blues.
Ticket prices range from $60 to $125 and can be purchased here. Proceeds from this event support DSI’s operating expenses and programmatic efforts that catalyze economic and social growth in Downtown St. Louis.
Via Press Release