MOSAICS Fine Art Festival is accepting applications for its 24th Annual Arts Festival event set for Sept. 14-16 in Historic St. Charles. Join approximately 100 juried and invited artists at this annual Arts Festival, which is a family-friendly weekend event with activities for everyone, including fantastic art, great entertainment and the opportunity for children to create their own artwork.
The MOSAICS organization is accepting applications for the 2018 event through May 15. Juried artists will be notified no later than May 24, and booth fees will be due to the arts organization upon invitation and acceptance to the festival by June 30.
- Artist Mediums – The 24th Annual MOSAICS Fine Art Festival is limited to approximately 100 juried artists in varied media including painting, clay, sculpture, photography, print making, pastels, drawing, wood, jewelry, metalwork, glass, art to wear and mixed media.
- Event Promotion – The MOSAICS Festival is promoted to the art-buying public via newspapers, radio, television, billboards, signage and social media across the St. Louis metropolitan area.
- Prizes – $5,000 in cash prizes will be awarded to participating artists.
- Fees – Jury fees are $35, and booth fees are $315 for a single booth, $415 for corner booth and double booths available by special arrangement.
- Amenities – Artist amenities include booth sitting, cold water delivered to booths, complimentary dinner delivered to booths on Friday and Saturday evening, a variety of restaurants within the festival area, special accommodation rates from nearby hotels/motels and bed & breakfasts, and security provided both day and night.
- Where/How to Apply – Artists may apply online at zapplication.org/mosaics
Proceeds from MOSAICS provides support to community art education and activities for St. Louis area youth, including the Mentor Me school art program and exhibition, hosted by the Foundry Art Centre (located within one block of the MOSAICS Festival); the Art for Youth Gallery program, which allows children to purchase professional art at a nominal fee, fostering art appreciation among the kids 14 years and younger; and the family-friendly Children’s Village, which is a special place where kids of all ages can learn about and create their own work of art.
MOSAICS is operated and managed by a dedicated group of committee members and volunteers who provide continuity, constant improvement and a congenial atmosphere.